The Chulyshman river rises in the high-mountain lake Dzhululkul. The river Chlyshman flows calmly at first along mountain tundra and then it presses forward between the rocks. Difficult and steep rapids, canyons, waterfalls abound the Chulyshman, and just in the middle course the river forms picturesque valley which continuation is a depression of Teletskoe lake. Tributaries abound with waterfalls of different height and power. There is the biggest waterfall of the Altai situated in 8 kilometers from the mouth of the Chulyshman which height of fall is 160 meters.
Natural boundary Ak-Korum begins lower the influx of the Chulchi on the right bank of the Chulyshman and there one can see “Rocky Mushrooms” - interesting forms of relief which appeared as a result of erosive processes.
The itinerary partly goes through the Altai conservation area.
The Chulyshman is famous because of its rapids, canyons and it annually attracts many tourists. There are three ravines on the Chulyshman - the Yabolinskoe, the Yazulinskoe and the Shavlinskoe. The most difficult is the Yazulinskoe. Then there are no any obstacles till the Shavlinskoe ravine. The Shavlinskoe consists of 5-6 class of difficulty rapids – the most difficult is the rapid Culminatsiya (culmination). The rapids Kasha, Vorota, Tudan cascade and Itykai riffle are situated on the tail reach of the Chulyshman lower the mouth of Shavla river.
|The 1st day||Meeting at the airport or at the railroad station. Transportation by bus Barnaul – Aktash, distance 600 km, trip takes about 10 hours. The road goes through the famous Chuysky Highway, one can admire a glorious landscapes of the Altai mountains, the most beautiful valleys of the Bia and Chuya. The route goes through two picturesque Seminsky and Chike-Taman passes. Several breaks for lunch and in Srostki village, homeland of V. Shukshin, are provided. Camping, but overnight at camping site is optional|
|The 2nd day||An early Transportation by off-road truck Ural. Transportation Aktash – Ulagan – Yazula. The road goes through very beautiful Ulagan lakes and along the crystal Bashkaus river. Setting of camp.|
|The 3d day||Preparing for the rafting. Safety education. Beginning of the rafting. Rafting takes about 2 hours. During this rafting team will learn a technology of raft control and will be ready for the serious obstacles of the Chulyshman|
|The 4th day||Rafting on the calm part of the river then we enter Shavlinskoe ravine. The difficulty of obstacles increases. Passing of the rapids Stado Begemotov, Cherny klyk, passing of the key rapid Culminatsia, Pustyachok. Going out of Shavlinskoe ravine.|
|The5th day||Rafting on the calm part of the river till the rapid Kasha. Reconnaissance of rapid and passing. Then we go through the Vorota rapid. The river Kurkure joins just after the Vorota and there is 30 meters waterfall Kurkure|
|The6th day||Passing of Tudan cascade and Itykai riffle. Rafting till the mouth of the Chulcha.|
|The7th day||Rest day. Trekking to the Chulcha waterfall (16 km).|
|The8th day||Transportation to the southern part of the Teletskoe lake. Transportation by motor boat over the lake. Overnight at a tourist base, banya, farewell dinner (additionally payed)|
|The9th day||Transportation to Barnaul|
July – September
90 000 rub (not less than 4 people)
Prepayment 20% not later than 30 days before beginning of the tour. The full amount is due on the first day of the tour at the latest
In case of refusal from the tour within 7 days before its beginning, the deposit won’t be returned
The length of the tour
- Auto – 750+50+450 km
- Rafting – 110 km
The temperature +15- +30 precipitations are possible
Tour Price includes
- Transport: all transfers according to the program
- A 3-course meal
- The lease of specific rafting outfit (raft, helmets, life jackets, paddles, water resistant bags for personal staff, Tents)
- Professional guides, cookers
- Medical insurance
Tour Price doesn’t include
- Meal during the trip to the beginning of rafting and return journey in Barnaul.
- Alcohol drinks
- Accommodation in hotel and tourists complexes
- Personal expenses
Each participant should have sports bag, shoes and wetsuit for the rafting, windproof suit, jogging suit, raincoat, a couple of T-shirts, thermal underwear, sweater, jogging shoes, three - four pairs of socks, caps, sunglasses, swimsuit, shorts or tights, personal hygiene items, cameras, torch, specific medications, etc.
- It is an expeditionary journey, participants stay at different campsites each night.
- Professional Cooking is provided. Only fresh vegetables are used.
- Raft, equipment, camping (fire pits, tents, tables) are provided by guides.
- Reconnaissance of rapids, providing of insurance and safety, rescue operation are performed by guides
- One can lease necessary additional equipment – wetsuit, shoes for rafting.
- Satellite-link communication and radio set are provided
- During the trip carrying of load and equipment down the river bank is available, depending on weather conditions and skills of group
- The schedule of the tour can be changed in accordance with group requests
- Transportation by helicopter is optional